Racing at SYC
Excitement, competition, speed, power, strategy, tactics, precision boat handling. That is sailboat racing. And that is racing at the Sausalito Yacht Club. The SYC offers this off the scenic Marin Headlands adjacent to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
The races are run professionally with an on-the-water race committee that is second to none. The club atmosphere provides a great location for after race bragging or complaining. The bar and galley are open after all the races.
- 2014/2015 Midwinter Series: there are still three races to go in this popular series on the first Sunday of each month that runs though March 1st.
- Jaws Predicted Log and Pursuit Race: Start and finish off the club deck. A pursuit race for sailors; a predicted log race for powered boats.. SYC members compete for the “Jaws” trophy. Sign up, get competitive, improve your skills and have fun on the water and back at the club. You’ll love our welcoming atmosphere at the SYC club house. We look forward to seeing you out on the water and at the club.
- Twin Island Series: three races around Alcatraz and Angel Island on April 25th, July 18th and October 17th. You choose your direction around the islands.
- Tuesday night Sunset Series: Ten Spring and Summer races on alternate Tuesday nights to set aside work pressures for mid-week competition capped off with the bar and a cookout. The Spring Series starts April 28th and the Summer Series starts July 21st. The Champion of Champions race is on September 29th.
- SYC Auxiliary Women Skipper Race: Women drive, but you can have any mix of crew you like; this event had a triumphant return in 2014, with a single-race Bay Tour format.
- Master Mariners Annual Regatta: The Sausalito Yacht Club continues it’s long tradition of supporting this spectacular event May 23rd (Memorial Day Weekend) supplying Mercury and the Race Committee to officiate. Approximately 70 wooden vessels of traditional design and construction from 19 to 122ft will participate – most built before 1950. This years race will begin at the City Front near the St Francis Yacht Club around 1200 and finish off the east end of Treasure Island around 1500
- Rear Commodore’s Race to Vallejo: A 20 mile race / cruise to Vallejo Yacht Club on June 27th. This is usually a great downwind race with an excellent party and dinner afterward.
- 2015/2016 Midwinter Series: five races on the first Sunday of the month from November through March.