Racing at SYC
Starting in early Spring our race calendar includes;
- Jaws Predicted Log and Pursuit Race: Start and finish off the club deck and race around San Francisco Bay. A pursuit race for sailors; a predicted log race for powered boats.. SYC members compete for the “Jaws” trophy. Sign up, get competitive, improve your skills and have fun on the water and back at the club. You’ll love our welcoming atmosphere at the SYC club house. We look forward to seeing you out on the water and at the club. March 25th.
- Twin Island Series: A series of three races with a ‘Bay Tour’ course around Alcatraz and Angel Island or Red Rock and Angel Island on April 29th, July 15th and October 14th. You choose your direction around the islands with a club deck finish followed by ‘Island-style’ festivities at the club.
- Tuesday Night Sunset Series: Ten races on alternate Tuesday nights through Spring and Summer help set aside work pressures for mid-week competition capped off with the bar and a cookout. The Spring Series starts April 25th and the Summer Series starts July 25th.
- SYC Auxiliary Women Skipper Race: Women at the helm, but you can have any mix of crew you like. This is a multi-division, single race regatta with courses suited to the wide variety of boats that take part. 2016’s event had one of the liveliest parties of the year and no reason why 2017’s shouldn’t be just as good! August 26th.
- SYC Classic Boat Invitational Series: Four dates for the elder statesmen of the CBRA; Birds, Bears, Knarrs, Folkboats and IODs. April 8th, August 9th and September 9th.
- Master Mariners Annual Regatta: The Sausalito Yacht Club continues it’s long tradition of supporting this spectacular event May 27th(Memorial Day Weekend) supplying Mercury and the Race Committee to officiate. Approximately 70 wooden vessels of traditional design and construction from 19 to 122 feet will participate – most built before 1950. The race begins at the City Front near the St Francis Yacht Club around noon and finishes off the east end of Treasure Island around 3pm
- PICYA Lipton Cup: An Invitational event for member clubs able to enter their challenger in each of 4 divisions; J105, Express 27, SF 30 class, and Cal 20s on July 8th.
- Rear Commodore’s Race to Vallejo: An excellent party at the Vallejo Yacht Club, preceded by a 20 mile downwind race / cruise from our home waters close to Angel Island. June 17th
- 2017/2018 Midwinter Series: Rounding off the racing year with a series of five races on the first Sunday of the month from November through March.
Many of our races are filmed by our club videographers, you can find video on our YouTube channel SYC Racing
Also, check out still photographs by SYC Guest Member Roxanne at https://roxshots.smugmug.com/Sail-Boat-Racing/SYC-Racing